Thousands attend funeral prayers of three Sopore martyrs India has failed to infuse fear among Kashmiris through massacres


In Indian illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir, thousands of people attended the funeral prayers of three civilians who were martyred in indiscriminate firing by Indian forces in Sopore, today.

Thousands of men and women, attending the funeral of three Kashmiri citizens, chanted slogans in favour of Islam and freedom.

Earlier, thousands of people staged a massive protest against the killing of innocent civilians by Indian forces in Sopore.

The protesters raised high-pitched pro-freedom slogans and denounced the killings by Indian police.

Despite imposition of curbs and restrictions, huge participation by the Kashmiris in the funeral of three youth martyred by Indian troops in occupied Jammu and Kashmir’s Sopore town and eruption of anti-protests is an illustration that Kashmiris are solidly behind the ongoing freedom movement.

A report released by Kashmir Media Service, today, said that Sopore killings have added to the brutal massacres carried out by India in the occupied territory to instill fear among the Kashmiris. However, the killing backfired and triggered massive anti-India protests in the town with thousands of people coming out of their houses to mourn the killing.

The report said that massive people’s participation in martyrs’ funerals in Sopore is a clear message to India that Kashmiris will not surrender and they will continue sacrificing their lives till freedom from Indian yoke. The large-scale participation is a symbol of people’s rejection of India.

After every martyrdom, the Kashmiris’ resolve to get freedom from India gets even stronger, it said and added that the martyrs’ blood would not go waste and Indian defeat in IIOJK is the writing on the wall.

The report maintained that Kashmiris are determined to accomplish the mission of their martyrs at all costs.—KMS

Previous articleAPHC urges UN to stop genocide in IIOJK
Next articleAfghan IS group claims sticky bomb attacks in western Kabul