Staff Reporter Islamabad
The Saudi Embassy in Pakistan said in a statement on Suday that no decision had been taken yet regarding the Hajj.
A spokesman for the Saudi embassy in Pakistan said, “No decision has been taken yet regarding the Hajj. All that is said in this regard are proposals that are still under study.”
According to the statement, the statement of the Special Representative of the Prime Minister of Pakistan for the Middle East and Religious Harmony Taher Al-Ashrafi regarding Hajj is incorrect.
It is noteworthy that Taher Ashrafi said on Saturday that the Saudi government has allowed 60,000 people to perform the Hajj this year, and Pakistanis will also go to perform the Hajj.
Meanwhile, Minister for Religious Affairs Noorul Haq Qadri clarified on Sunday that the Saudi Arabia government had not taken a decision regarding the number of pilgrims being allowed to perform Haj this year and the Covid SOPs to be followed.
In a video statement, the minister said that he had spoken to the Saudi Haj and Umrah minister. “The Saudi health ministry has made recommendations, but a decision has not yet been taken,” he said.
“It is my responsibility to explain this to the people. Whenever a decision is taken, Saudi officials will take us into confidence.
So far, a decision has not been taken regarding the number of pilgrims and Covid SOPs,” he said.