Murad angry over report of Wala’s investigation


Staff Reporter


Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah on Monday held a meeting with Sindh Inspector General (IG) Dr Syed Kaleem Imam and expressed anger at the investigation committee for contents of a report following the interrogation of Muttahida Qaumi Movement-London (MQM-L) target killer Yousuf Thailay Wala.
The meeting lasted for four hours and members of the investigation committee and police officers were called separately by the chief minister to explain the matter.
Police officers have accepted their mistake of making a video statement of the terrorist, and put the blame at junior officers.
“If there is an ambiguous report in such a high profile case, what will happen to the common man?” CM Shah asked.
He further questioned police how had the target killer made accusations against him during interrogation.
Yousuf Thailay Wala – a vendor who was arrested by anti-street crime force and Soldier Baraz police – had claimed to have met CM Shah.
However, the chief minister had rebutted speculations over a controversial video statement of Yousaf under the custody of police.
Earlier, CM Shah said it appeared as if the concerned senior superintendent of police (SSP) was involved in conspiracy against him.
The chief minister, without mentioning any name, had told the media that the terrorist was forced to speak that he had met him.
“I have never met him […] It has been found that the car with a fake number plate was being used by the Governor House,” he had said, adding that he had ordered removing monogram of the chief minister from all cars after resuming chief minister’s office.
“The car under my usage is also labelled with a registration number […] I had instructed for registering cars,” he had said.
“There is no lack of good officers, but they are afraid of work […] they need to struggle hard for restoring confidence of the general public,” he had added, while mentioning that it was his discretion to alter his cabinet. “Whenever need arises, I would do so,” he went on to say.
Following Yousaf’s statement, Soldier Bazar Station House Officer (SHO) Javed Sikander was also suspended from his duty. The terrorist confessed to murdering people on party leadership’s directives and admitted that he had met MQM leader Farooq Sattar at party’s infamous former headquarters, Nine Zero. The suspect further revealed that he was in contact with sector in-charge from London. He had also served in a private security company.

Previous articleNawaz to be admitted in hospital
Next articleGulalai Ismail’s father gets bail