In Indian illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir, more than one lac books were burnt in a fire incident in Srinagar.
A fire broke out at Mamta Book Depot at Regal Lane in Srinagar late Monday night, gutting thousands of books.
As per reports, firefighters rushed to the spot soon after the fire broke out. Two fire engines and several fire-fighters were able to bring the flames under control after 2 hours.
An electrical short circuit is said to be the reason behind the blaze.
Meanwhile, the Srinagar administration has sanctioned one lac rupees as immediate relief in favour of each of the families affected in last night’s fire incident resulting from short-circuit at Abi Karpora near Dalgate’s Nehru Park area here.
Each of the twelve families affected in the unfortunate incident were also provided articles of essential use including mattresses and blankets. Complete kitchen sets also made part of the relief items provided to each of the affected families.
Deputy Commissioner Srinagar Dr Shahid Iqbal Choudhary who authorised relief in favour of the victims visited the area early Thursday morning to take firsthand assessment of damages due to the fire incident.
Speaking on the occasion he said further assistance and relief as possible will be provided to the affected families.
He complimented the efforts of the Police team led by SDPO P. D. Nitya and personnel of the CRPF battalion in the area. Fire & Emergency Services was also complimented for its efforts.
Dr Shahid said the district administration has already initiated the process of further strengthening the fire emergency response system in the area and assured of its setting up at the earliest.
The locals hailed the efforts of the administration for swift action following breaking out of the fire and quick processing of relief in favour of the affected families.—KMS