The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Friday made important progress in the probe into the wheat scandal by finding traces of nexus between officers of the provincial food authority and owners of flour mills for getting ‘commission’, sources said.
The sources said the officers received a commission of Rs100 to Rs150 for each sack while releasing the government wheat to the flour mills. The officers had grabbed more than Rs70 million in term of commission in accordance with the records, sources added.
After the findings, the anti-corruption watchdog had summoned the provincial food secretary in November.
NAB investigators had been provided relevant records through a focal person by the provincial food secretary, said sources, adding that the records stated that the government had allocated the quota of 140,000 wheat sacks for three districts including Sanghar, Benazirabad and Naushahro Feroze last month.