The Counter-Terrorism Department special investigation team on Saturday took into custody two suspected people linked to the Peshawar imambargah suicide blast while Namaz-i-Janaza of the martyred was offered.
Citizens in Parachinar staged a protest to condemn the blast as 11 of the victims were belonged to the area.
The police and CTD probe team were jointly investigating Friday’s huge suicide blast at the Shia mosque in which 57 worshippers were martyred and nearly 200 sustained injuries. They recorded the statements of the injured. The law enforcers arrested two people on suspicion.
According to the initial investigation, the attacker first opened fire on a police official using 9MM pistol and the probe team recovered seven shells of bullets from the crime scene.
The probe team revealed that the suicide jacket was stuffed with a large quantity of ball bearings. They said that they would run blood test on the body parts recovered from the blast scene to ascertain their identification.
So far, the police could not identify eight bodies martyred in the blast. According to the investigation, approximately 5-6kg explosives were used in the explosion.
The law enforcers have completed the sketches of the suicide bomber and his two facilitators who came there in a rickshaw from the Kohati area.
The terrorists stopped their rickshaw at a distance from the Kucha Risaldar and reached the imambargah on foot.
Though the Peshawar police initially said that two suicide bombers were involved in the attack but now the investigation had revealed that the number of attackers was three.—INP