Grieving families demand justice for Kunduz blast

26

The bodies of those killed in Friday’s blast on Mawlawi Sekandar Sufi Mosque in the Imam Sahib district of Kunduz were buried on Saturday.

The families of the victims called on the Islamic Emirate to punish the perpetrators of the incident.

So far, 33 people have died and 43 have been injured including children, officials claimed, but eyewitnesses said that the number of victims is even higher.

“More than 60 to 70 people lost their lives,” said a resident of Imam Sahib district.

Faqir Mohammad, 45, was one of the victims of Friday’s bombing of the mosque in the Imam Sahib district of Kunduz.

He was a shopkeeper in Imam district and died in a blast when he went to Sekandar Mosque to attend the dhikr circle.

“For how long will this blood continue, what do you want from this nation,?” said Safiullah, Faqir Mohammad’s cousin.

“We used to say that our security is ensured, and everything will get better and calm down, but it became worse,” said Nazarullah, Faqir Mohammad’s cousin.

Meanwhile, the Islamic Emirate emphasized that the perpetrators of the attacks in the country will be identified and punished.

“Many of their nests have been destroyed and a large number of criminals have been arrested or killed. The Islamic Emirate forces are doing their best to punish the perpetrators of the attacks, said Inamullah Samangani, deputy spokesman of the Islamic Emirate.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack. The blast took place on Friday in Mawlawi Sekandar Sufi mosque in the Imam Sahib district of Kunduz, as several cities across the country witnessed deadly blasts in recent days.—Tolo News

Previous articleStudents at Abdul Rahim high School Return to class
Next articleKidnapped child Abdul Rauf reunited with family in Balkh