Short circuit burns freezers worth millions




A fire initiated due to electric short circuit gutted freezers worth millions of rupees here on Saturday.

According to details, fire caused due to electric short circuit erupted godown of a multi-national company located in Siddiqia Colony near Jamia Farooqia Sharqpur Road, Sheikhupura.

Three fire fighting vehicles, a special rescue vehicle and Rescue 1122 team reached the scene and started the efforts to extinguish the blaze. The fire was brought under control after two hours but meantime commercial cold drink freezers valuing over 20 million rupees were burnt to ashes.—INP

Previous articleHot, dry weather likely to persist
Next articleBodies of Chughtai, driver recovered from Mangla Dam