Murderer of food delivery rider in F-9 Park killed in encounter: IGP

Zubair Qureshi

The Islamabad Police have claimed death of an accused involved in the murder of a food delivery rider in exchange of fire with police.

Inspector General Police (IGP) Dr Akbar Nasir Khan at a media briefing on Thursday disclosed that Mohsin Ali Khan the primary accused in the murder of 25-year old Qasim Awan, was killed in an encounter with police.

The accused Mohsin Ali Khan was arrested by police in the murder of Qasim Awan, a Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) graduate and a Food Panda employee.

According to details, Qasim was shot dead in the F-9 park last month on June 5 during a mugging attempt.

The IGP said it was a test case for Islamabad police and the police teams since the day one were conducting raids and search operations to arrest the culprits.

After the murder, the police arrested Mohsin who during the interrogation told the police about the location of the murder weapon which his accomplice Imtiazullah Khan had buried inside a green belt near a storm drain, a place adjacent to Khudadad Heights in sector E-11.

When the police reached the spot to get the tool, four people got out of a white Corolla vehicle and opened an unprovoked fire on the police party.

During the exchange of fire the accused managed to escape from police custody and later a case was registered against him in Golra police station also.

Later, the SHO Bharakahu and his team were on a routine check in his area when they signaled to stop a vehicle on a suspicion.

The accused in the vehicle opened fire on police which retaliated by taking safety measures, while the accused took advantage of the darkness and fled away.

When the police checked, one of the accused was found dead on the spot with a Kalashnikov lying nearby.

The accused has been identified as Mohsin Ali Khan and was shot dead by his own accomplices, the IGP claimed.

The IGP appreciated the DIG Operations Sohail Zafar Chatha, SP Sadar Kamran Amir Khan and his entire team who worked hard and traced the accused.

Very soon, we shall reach others involved in this case, he said.

Qasim, the food delivery rider, was the only son of his parents and after the firing incident, he was rushed to the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) where he struggled for two days but succumbed to his injuries.

Previous articleSharjeel terms Hyd incident unfortunate
Next articleNUST, US embassy open new Lincoln Corner