Minar-e-Pakistan incident: CM Buzdar says culprits do not deserve leniency

28
Minar-e-Pakistan incident: CM Buzdar says culprits do not deserve leniency

On Independence Day, Chief Minister Usman Buzdar asked Punjab Police to take action against those who harassed a woman at the Minar-e-Pakistan monument, directing officers to bring the matter to a logical conclusion as soon as possible.

During a meeting with the Punjab chief minister, Punjab Inspector General of Police (IGP) Inam Ghani disclosed that some of the 400 people charged with harassing a woman at the Minar-e-Pakistan on Independence Day had been arrested.

This was revealed by the Punjab Inspector General (IG) while updating Punjab Chief Minister (CM) Usman Buzdar on the case’s development.

CM Buzdar has called a high-level meeting for tomorrow (Friday) to get a final report on the event.

CM forms inquiry committees

Meanwhile, CM Buzdar established a committee to investigate the role of the Parks & Horticulture Authority (PHA) in the event.

After examining the responsibility and negligence of PHA officials and staff members in the event, the committee will present a report.

In addition, the Punjab additional inspector general of police established a commission to examine the security personnel’s responsibility and negligence.

He ordered the relevant authorities to continue the investigation using contemporary scientific approach.

The inquiry into the Minar-e-Pakistan incident, which the chief minister described as a “test case,” would be brought to a logical end shortly, he added.

He said that the perpetrators do not deserve leniency.

“We will ensure that the victim gets justice,” he added.

Meanwhile, Punjab Police have increased their hunt for the other people shown in the video.

PM Khan takes notice of the incident 

Prime Minister Imran Khan on Wednesday took notice of the Minar-e-Pakistan incident where a female Tiktoker was assaulted by a mob last week.

PM’s close aide Sayed Zulfiqar Bukhari tweeted that PM Imran Khan personally spoke to IG Punjab on the manhandling of the woman and the vandalisation of Ranjit Singh’s statute at Lahore Fort.

The Minar-e-Pakistan incident came to light after a video went viral on social media, showing hundreds of men attacking a woman as she went to the park with four of her friends to celebrate Independence Day.

The police registered a case against 400 men for assaulting the woman who was making TikTok videos at the park.

“Police is catching all culprits involved in manhandling of female Tiktoker in Lahore and those damaging statue of Ranjit Singh at Lahore Fort,” Bukhari tweeted.

The senior PTI leader said that these are gross violations of laws and social norms and the government won’t spare a single person involved in these crimes.

Earlier, Punjab government spokesman Fayyazul Hassan Chohan had said that the culprits are being identified through video footage.

“The incident of assault on a woman in Greater Iqbal Park is a shameful act which has brought shame to the society,” Fayyaz Chohan said in a statement today.

He said that the accused involved in the video are being identified and will be brought to justice.

Read more: https://pakobserver.net/pakistan/

Previous articlePM Imran admires policeman for saving man who fell from train (Video)
Next articleAfghan delegation says Pakistan ‘major player’ in Afghanistan’s politics