Islamabad police promise to make F-9 park secure


Admin asks citizens to remain in well-lit area of park

The Islamabad police said on Monday that it would ameliorate the security of the F-9 park, where a woman was sexually abused.

The Margalla police registered the First Information Report on the complaint of the affected woman. As per her statement, two men forcefully took her to a jungle when she visited the F-9 park with her colleagues.

The Islamabad police issued a statement on Monday and said the security around the F-9 park, while urging people to remain in well-lit locations in the park. The police also said the case would be looked into using modern technique and with the help of Scientific tools. It is to mention here that an FIR was registered at Margallah police station about rape of a woman on Thursday night. Following the incident, the police have also issued a sketch of one of the suspects allegedly involved in it. Meanwhile, the police have also appealed the citizens to call at `Pucar 15’ in case of any emergency.

Earli er on Sunday, a woman was allegedly assaulted and raped at gunpoint in Islamabad’s F-9 Park, only three days after a woman was raped on Thursday in the same park. According to the police, two armed suspects took a woman and a colleague hostage, and moved them to the thickets in the park. The victim stated that the accused continued to assault her and beat her colleague. The two men sexually assaulted her and threatened to kill her if she reported the crime. The Islamabad police spokesperson said that a special unit is investigating the incident. In a series of tweets, Islamabad Capital Territory’s (ICT) official Twitter account stated that the investigation is being supervised by Central Police Office (CPO) Operations SohailZafarChatta and people present in the park at the time of the incident as well as the park’s administration . Meanwhile, National Assembly Speaker Raja Parvez Ashraf has sought a report from the Islamabad police. According to an official statement shared by the police on its Twitter handle, the matter was raised during today’s session and NA deputy speaker, who was chairing the session, issued the ruling. “Both [the] speaker and deputy speaker have further said that both Parliament and government are fully pursuing the progress on the matter and hopefully the culprits will be brought to justice soon and they will be dealt with iron hands in accordance with the prevailing laws,” the statement said.