Fed govt’s delay led to coronavirus outbreak: Nasir

191

Sindh Minister for Information, Local Government, Housing &Town Planning, Religious Affairs, Forest and Wildlife Syed NasirHussain Shah has said that if the federal government had adopted all the necessary preventive measures on time, then the situation could have been different in the country regarding the number of affected people from coronavirus.
He said that since the federal government did not take any imperative decision on time, therefore we were facing a very difficult situation today with regard to the spreading of Coronavirus. The minister was addressing a press conference on Thursday, along with Minister for Education SaeedGhani and Minister for Energy Imtiaz Ahmed Sheikh.
Nasir Shah said that all the focus of the federal government was on the Taftan border first, and now they were just keeping an eye on the people belonged to TablighiJamaat. He said that nobody in mean time checked the millions of people arrived in Pakistan from foreign countries, including the US and other countries infected with the Coronavirus. Nasir said that but these people were neither properly checked at the airport nor later on. He said these same people who came from abroad later became the big source of spreading of the Coronavirus in the country. He said that the Prime Minister did not devised a joint strategy by taking on board all the four provinces, GilgitBaltistan and Azad Kashmir to control the spread of the virus in the beginning.
Meanwhile, SaeedGhani addressing the press conference said that all educational associations had agreed with the government to provide 20% relief in the fee. “We have also issued notification in this regard,” said the provincial Education Minister. Talking about ration and cash distribution, Saeed Ghani said that the federal government did not cooperate with Sindh government regarding data verification. He said that Sindh government with the help of Pakistan Army and welfare organizations was providing ration to every needy person in the province. Ghani said that 4 lakh families had been provided with ration so far, while another five lakh families would be provided with all the essential food items soon.

Previous articleDisbursement under Ehsaas Program begins in city
Next articleADB repurposes $50m to help combat COVID-19 pandemic