Youth killing by police officials Body set up to probe murder



Amraiz Khan

The Faisalabad Police has constituted a five-member inquiry committee to carry out an investigation into the alleged murder of a citizen Waqas by firing of police officials, on Thursday.
City Police Officer (CPO) Sohail Chaudhry issued a notification regarding the constitution of an inquiry committee which will be headed by Senior Superintendent Police (SSP) Investigation Bilal Iftikhar.
Superintendent Police Iqbal Town Kamran Asghar has been appointed as the convener of the committee. In-charge CDU Muhammad Javaid was given the responsibility to provide technical assistance to the investigators.
The committee was tasked to give a daily briefing to the CPO till reaching the conclusion of the probe.
It is to be noted that four arrests have been made by the police by taking an assistant sub-inspector and three constables into custody in the Waqas murder case.
Earlier, a murder case was registered against four policemen under three different sections over the complaint of the slain youngster’s brother.
Slain Waqas’s brother Owais stated in the complaint against the ‘fake encounter’ that ASI Shahid went furious after his deceased brother’s in vehicle ran over his foot. Later, the police officer threatened Waqas when he stopped the car while other officials pulled their rifles which made him afraid of being killed.
Owais added that the officials then chased the vehicle when he tried to drive away from the scene. He claimed that his slain brother stopped his car again in a suburban village and surrendered before the officials by raising his hands, but a constable Usman allegedly opened fire on him over the orders of ASI Shahid.
It added that Waqas was seriously wounded and fell down to the ground after receiving a bullet in his stomach, but the police officials continued kicking and torturing him with their guns. The police patrolling team carried out aerial firing to disperse the local residents who had gathered on the scene. Later, the police team drove away from the scene along with Waqas’s body and his car, stated Owais.
Earlier late the other night, at least one person identified as Waqas had lost his life and three others sustained injuries after police opened fire on a vehicle in Faisalabad, claiming that it did not stop on a check-point. Meanwhile, according to the postmortem done at Faisalabad’s Allied Hospital, Waqas was hit by one bullet. District In-charge Legal Dr. Zafar told the media that the bullet had entered Waqas’s body from the right side and exited from the abdomen. Meanwhile, CM Sardar Usman Buzdar took notice of the killing of a youth in broad daylight at Dijkot, and sought a report from the IGP.


Previous articleFour die in collision
Next articleMan confesses to killing wife, 4 kids