Articles and letters may be edited for the purposes of clarity and space. They are published in good faith with a view to enlightening all the stakeholders. However, the contents of these writings may not necessarily match the views of the newspaper.
Maal muft dileh
A brief reading of agreement signed by NAB with Broadsheet for recovery of black money will reveal the incompetence of those at helm of affairs in 2000 and thereafter in 2003 when they thought they could get out of the cobweb which they got this country into. As long as there is no Rule 0f Law and supremacy of the Constitution, Pakistan will suffer. Can someone question those appointed by Musharraf as Chairman NAB from 2000 onwards?
No individual in power, irrespective of whether he holds power through the ballot, or the bullet, has the right to pardon any person who has robbed the nation’s wealth through corrupt practices or proceeds of crime. Selective accountability with ulterior motives for arm twisting to force individuals to join any political party or support a government has promoted corruption.
What else could be expected from a man who raised his fist to rejoice the killing of over 50 innocent citizens in Karachi on 12 May 2007 by armed thugs of Altaf Hussain. Pakistan suffers, while those who robbed this country through abuse of power (be they Musharraf, Nawaz, Mansoor-ul-Haq, Zardari) and scores from the paid civil or uniformed paid elite, enjoy the fruits of institutionalized corruption.
It is an irony that a country created through a political struggle to be a modern democratic welfare state and led by men of integrity and commitment like Quaid-e-Azam, Allama Iqbal would be hijacked by self-serving opportunists like Iskandar Mirza and Ayub Khan who banned all politicians and created a controlled perverted system of governance.
The foundations of political gerrymandering to form King’s party were laid by Ayub and the politicians that his junta created were men without vision, having one thing in common, total disregard to the vision of Quaid-e-Azam. Pakistan suffers while a few Make Hay While Sun Shines and only a façade of accountability.
MALIK TARIQ ALI
IF the person giving Sadaqah knows that the money he is donating will reach Allah first and then the poor person, he will truly gain much more joy in giving rather than taking. Do you know the benefits of Sadaqah? Pay particular attention to 17,18,19.
So listen: 1. Sadaqah is one of the doors from jannah
2. Sadaqah is the most virtuous action in all good actions, and the best form of Sadaqah is to feed others
3. Sadaqah will be a shade on the day of judgement and it will save a person from the fire
4. Sadaqah makes the anger of Allah cool and it also cools the heat in the grave
5. The best and most beneficial gift for a deceased person is Sadaqah and Allah continues to increase the reward of Sadaqah
6. Sadaqah is a way to purify the soul and increases good deeds
7. Sadaqah will be a cause of happiness on the day of judgment on the face of the giver
8. Sadaqah is a source of peace from the dangers of the day of judgement and it doesn’t let you grieve the past
9. Sadaqah is a means of sins being forgiven and also expiates past sins
10. Sadaqah is glad tidings of a good death and is also a cause for the duas of the angels
11. The person who gives sadaqah is from the best of people and all those associated with it will also recieve the reward
12. The person who gives Sadaqah is promised great rewards
13. The person who spends is counted in those who have piety and people also begin to love him
14. Giving Sadaqah is a sign of kindness and grace
15. Sadaqah is a means of duas being accepted and hardships being removed
16. Sadaqah removes difficulties and closed 70 doors of harm in world, 17. Sadaqah is a means of age and wealth being increased and is also a means of success and provision. 18. Sadaqah is a cure and a medicine
19. Sadaqah prevents theft, a bad death, burns from fire and drowning
20. Sadaqah is rewarded, even if it is on animals and birds.
M FAZAL ELLAHI
Clueless on COVID-19
It is indecisive Zimbabweans that ZANU-PF government which is led by Emerson Mnangagwa has lack of vision to curtail the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic which is ravaging the country. It is disgusted that corruption begins with some top officials were accused of abusing funds meant for the procurement of goods and services used in the prevention of the spread of the virus, as well as its failure to cushion the vulnerable groups during the lockdown period.
The initial scientific approach by the government gave hope to the people despite reports of funds falling on the hands of corrupt government officials including the former Health Minister, Obadiah Moyo who was subsequently dismissed. ZANU-PF government must be dynamic to stop the spread of the Coronavirus and must be supported vigorously. However, it is baffling and indeed confusing when the government comes up with measures whose impact on daily life of the people ends up being as painful as the virus itself. The measures were just taken abruptly without balancing control of preventing the spread of virus and the economic needs and realities of citizens.
The 30-day COVID-19 lockdown period in Zimbabwe had unfortunately brought to a halt over 90% of the country’s economic activities, which is clear evidence of a decision which was made impulsively, and which he described as “entrenched in dictatorial tendencies. The heartless and reckless ZANU-PF government has not taken steps to support its vulnerable population during the lockdown period. I am now pile pressure to the organizations to remove the heartless and reckless President Emmerson Mnangagwa and his careless, clueless and corrupt ZANU-PF party from power.