Content creators will be required to submit a script in advance for shooting video in Park
LAHORE – The Punjab government has decided to impose a ban on the entry of TikTokers and YouTubers to the parks across the province, reports claimed on Monday.
The provincial government will allow only national media outlets to shoot videos in parks.
Furthermore, entry to major parks in the province will be allowed to families only while students will not be allowed enter the parks.
If the content creators want to shoot a video in parks they will have to submit a copy of the script in advance to the provincial authorities.
Reports said that the decision will be implemented once it is approved by Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar.
The decision comes days after a video of a female tiktoker being assaulted by a violent mob in Greater Iqbal Park emerged on social media, enraging all segments of the society.
Police have registered a case against 400 men for assaulting the content creators on Independence Day while more than 50 suspects have been arrested.
Last week, Punjab Inspector General of Police (IGP) Inam Ghani removed three top officials from their posts besides suspending two others over negligence in an incident related to assault on a female tiktoker at Minar-e-Pakistan on Independence Day (August 14. 2021).
He made the announcement on Twitter minutes after attending a meeting chaired by Punjab CHief Minister Usman Buzdar.
“We have suspended SHO and SDPO whereas Divisional SP, SSP Operations and DIG Operations Lahore have been removed from their posts,” the provincial police chief wrote.
Ghani said “strict departmental action will be taken once inquiry committee submits its detailed report on the role and response of other officers.”