Pompeo defends arms sales to Saudi Arabia

244

Prague

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Wednesday his department did everything by the book in regards to arms sales to Saudi Arabia in 2019 after a government watchdog found the risk of civilian casualties in Yemen was not fully evaluated. His comments came after a State Department Inspector General report earlier this week concluded the state department did not fully evaluate the risk of civilian casualties in Yemen when it pushed through a huge 2019 precision-guided munitions sale to Saudi Arabia. “We did everything by the book,” Pompeo told reporters during a news conference with the Czech prime minister.—Reuters

Previous articleAndroid phones to become earthquake sensors
Next articleNeed for nation to meet future challenges Pakistan needs to quickly jump on digitisation bandwagon: President