No record of Dr Furqan being brought to SIUT

229

The Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation (SIUT) on Tuesday issued a statement clarifying that the institute had carried out an inquiry into the death of Dr FurqanulHaq, who passed away last week from the coronavirus after being allegedly denied treatment at the hospital. A spokesperson for the hospital claimed that there no record had been found of Haq being brought to the emergency ward of the institute. “All paramedics on duty were asked to clarify the matter,” the spokesperson added. Security tapes also testify to this, the spokesperson added. Haq, a retired doctor, tested positive for COVID-19 a few days ago, and died on Sunday morning after he was allegedly denied treatment at various public and private hospitals in Karachi. The Sindh government subsequently launched an inquiry into the death. “He was dying due to shortness of breath after testing positive for the novel coronavirus, but no hospital admitted him,” the wife of Haq, a retired practitioner of the Karachi Institute of Heart Diseases (KIHD), told the media. “He was taken to the Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation [SIUT], and a private hospital in Azizabad where he used to work, but all of them said they had no beds available. He asked me to take him back home, where he passed away today,” she said.

Previous articleIBA announces policy changes to facilitate students
Next articleAnother policeman succumbs to Corona