No death, 282 COVID-19 cases reported in Sindh

28

 

In stark contrast to the COVID-19 numbers pouring in from other parts of the country, the Sindh province on Sunday reported 282 fresh cases of the infection with no deaths reported during the past 24 hours.

According to the COVID-19 numbers shared by the Chief Minister in his daily briefing, Murad Ali Shah said that fortunately no death was reported on Sunday as the total number of casualties stood at 4,491 in the province.

The Chief Minister said that 9,140 samples were tested which led to the detection of 282 cases that constituted a three percent current positivity rate.

“So far 3,271,748 tests have been conducted against which 264,888 cases were diagnosed, of them 96.6 percent or 255,769 patients have recovered, including 98 overnight,” the chief minister said.

He said that currently, 4,682 patients were under treatment, of them 4,337 were in home isolation, eight at isolation centers and 283 at different hospitals.