New Year Resolutions for 2023
NOTHING is impossible: We can achieve something different from others. If you are a sportsman, you can take defeat and victory in the same spirit.
Happiness happens to those who seek it. Winning is a habit as far as sports is concerned. Yes, you go for a winning mode, then only you can finish as hard fought loser.
2. Don’t think of today: Think about tomorrow and the day after.
Stitch in time saves nine. Try to plug the loopholes and feel success in life. Saving is a very good habit and cultivates the same for rainy days.
Small drops make an ocean true. Nationalised banks are there to keep your small savings and that sum grows and doubles to help you at the time of need.
3. Don’t be selfish: Live and let others also live. Metro city Mumbai is helping so many people to start their career and become rich in record time.
Thus, so many people are coming to the business capital to make their living more comfortable.
4. Learn to leave bad habits: The year 2023 is the best opportune moment to leave bad habits. Cigarette smoking is injurious to health as per the statutory warning message.
However, so many people taste smoking and spoil their health in the process. Chewing gutka and other tobacco products can also be done away with grit and determination in the coming New Year.
5. Teaching is a good hobby: Inculcate the knowledge available with you to others. Teachers play a very crucial role in imparting knowledge to students.
We forget the teachers once we get a good living. Cricketers are helped by coaches. But once they become superstars, they forget the role of the coaches in bringing their career to limelight.
Music teachers bring melody in the voice of the wards. But people forget their music teachers once they become good singers.
6. Respect elders: Express gratitude to your parents, teachers and the patients. At one time or the other, we may also lie down with an ailment and we need the help of others.
7. Try fast methods: Be a sport and try to finish your work as early as possible and accept more work and help others and the institution. If your Institution grows, then you will also grow simultaneously.
8. Work is worship: Play a key role in your sphere of work. If you are in retail banking, introduce new products in the New Year.
You must think that you are the backbone and shoulder additional responsibilities. You need not go to a temple, church or mosque if you treat the work as your worship.
9. Patient listening: Listen to what others say. Improvise their views and make a successful suggestion. Give credit to the team members also instead of poking your nose alone..
Have concern for others: Instead of thinking about yourself, always give some attention towards the poor and downtrodden people. After all, you live to help others and that attitude is a great virtue.
11. Control your anger: People may irritate you with unwanted comments. But try to maintain composure and do a world of good to your institution and give attention to family values and traditions.
After all, anger will come and go but the name and fame you gained will also go with your anger.
12. Try to be a fitness freak: The retirement age for Government employees was increased from 58 to 60 and a recent notification says it that it may be again be increased to 62. Hence, try to fit with healthy eating habits.
13. Develop good character: Our life span is short. During our time, try to develop good character and try to adopt them in day to day life as well.
After all, your character reflects your mind. Apply patience and perseverance to achieve your objectives and don’t take hasty decisions and never look for short cut to success.
14. Compliment people: Give respect and take respect. Appreciate a good song. Compliment a good knock by a batsman and encourage him. Stop talking discouraging words.
15. Aim of your life: In the best interest of your family, you wish to have loving parents and loving children.
After all, you will become old one day and your sons will have to look after you, the same way you looked after your parents. The love and affection is passed on from forefathers to our father, father to son, etc.
If you are able to get what is required for your life with the above good thinking, then you can lead a peaceful living for which, you maintain robust health, work with honesty and sincerity, have faith in God and that will give you peace of mind and try to instill confidence in your children because the future of India is in the hands of the present day children.
—The writer is contributing columnist, based in Mumbai, India