Keeping in view the rise in Covid-19 cases, the Sindh government on Saturday issued new directives related to the coronavirus Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
According to a new order, a copy of which available with ARY News, the provincial government has declared the Covid-19 vaccination certificate mandatory for people going out at weddings, restaurants and cinemas.
“Vaccination certificates of the citizens should be checked before they enter cinemas, restaurants, wedding halls,” reads the notification.
Ahead of the potential fourth Covid wave that is feared to rage across the province, the Sindh health ministry yesterday made it mandatory to furnish vaccine certificates for every individual in order to attend any public space including going for OPD and operations.
The Sindh health director had said people with no vaccine certificates will not be allowed at OPD service or for medical procedures.
Secondly, Dr. Irshad Ahmed Memon had said the people without these certificates will not be allowed to appear for job interviews or tests. Their entry is also barred from attending weddings and dining in restaurants, according to the Sindh health department.
• Businesses are allowed to remain open till 10pm.
• Hotels, restaurants and cafes are allowed to resume both indoor and outdoor dining till 12am.
• Indoor dining is allowed at 50 per cent capacity only for vaccinated people and all hotels, restaurants and cafes will have to check the vaccination certificates for these customers.
• Drive-thru, takeaway and delivery are open 24/7.
• Outdoor marriages and functions are allowed with up to 400 people.
• Indoor weddings are allowed with up to 200 vaccinated people and the management will have to check the vaccination certificates.
• Cinemas and theatres are allowed to remain open till 1am only for vaccinated people.
• Indoor gyms are allowed to open only for vaccinated people.
• Amusement parks, swimming pools and arcades are allowed to open with 50pc occupancy.
• Public transport is allowed to operate with 70pc occupancy.
• Sunday will be observed as a ‘safe day’ in Karachi, other divisions will decide their own safe days.