ISLAMABAD – In another step to widen its online services, the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) has introduced its latest application dubbed as ‘Pak ID’.
With its latest initiative, the government has powered citizens to apply for their CNIC through mobile phones. In the Pak ID app, Pakistanis have now access to the entire process to apply for ID cards, family registration certificates, and other identification documents on their mobile phones.
To make it completely hassle-free service, NADRA even offered to send the cards or required documents without visiting its premises.
Sharing his views, NADRA Chairman Tariq Malik said the Pak ID app will be vital in achieving the objectives of ‘Digital Pakistan’ through improved services. Touted as ‘contactless technology’, the app allowed users to apply, receive and review documents online.
Basic steps to apply documents online
- Visit PlayStore to download the application Pak-ID on your device
- Enter all details on the panel, following the given instructions
- Upload pre-requisites documents needed for the process
- Upload your pictures using the picture section in the Pak-ID app
- Complete the procedure by creating a digital signature
- Allow the app to take your fingerprints
- Make online payment required for documents
- Choose a delivery method and get your documents without visiting the NADRA office
Thrilled to celebrate #PakistanDay with the ultimate gift from @NadraPak – #PakID Mobile App! 🎉📱 #BetaRelease
Apply for #ID cards & documents using your smartphone without visiting NADRA offices, avoiding long queues & waiting time /1
#DigitalPakistan #PakistanZindabad 🇵🇰 pic.twitter.com/t9yuf32nBm
— Tariq Malik ™ (@ReplyTariq) March 23, 2023