Provincial Minister for Information and Culture Amir Mir has strongly contradicted the allegations to place barriers so as to stop the people from going to public rally.
In a statement issued here on Saturday, he said the government had not closed all the routes going to the rally site. Keeping in view security of the general public, few routes have been temporarily closed so that passers-by could be frisked over there.
The minister said that it was the foremost duty of the Punjab government to provide complete security to the general public keeping in view present security situation.
In lieu of security apprehensions, containers had been placed on some routes.