Minar-e-Pakistan incident PM Imran takes notice of female Tiktoker’s assault

39
Staff Reporter
Islamabad

Prime Minister Imran Khan on Wednesday took notice of the Minar-e-Pakistan incident where a female Tiktoker was assaulted by a mob last week.

PM’s close aide Sayed Zulfiqar Bukhari tweeted that PM Imran Khan personally spoke to IG Punjab on the manhandling of the woman and the vandalisation of Ranjit Singh’s statute at Lahore Fort.

The Minar-e-Pakistan incident came to light after a video went viral on social media, showing hundreds of men attacking a woman as she went to the park with four of her friends to celebrate Independence Day.

The police registered a case against 400 men for assaulting the woman who was making TikTok videos at the park.

“Police is catching all culprits involved in manhandling of female Tiktoker in Lahore and those damaging statue of Ranjit Singh at Lahore Fort,” Bukhari tweeted.

The senior PTI leader said that these are gross violations of laws and social norms and the government won’t spare a single person involved in these crimes.

Earlier, Punjab government spokesman Fayyazul Hassan Chohan had said that the culprits are being identified through video footage.

“The incident of assault on a woman in Greater Iqbal Park is a shameful act which has brought shame to the society,” Fayyaz Chohan said in a statement today.

He said that the accused involved in the video are being identified and will be brought to justice.

 

Previous articleMaryam: We must change mindset of the youth
Next articleAt least three killed, dozens injured in explosion during Bahawalnagar Ashura procession