Man, 2 kids electrocuted

24
Staff Reporter

A man along with his two children died of electrocution in Ravi Road area on Monday while trying to save each other.

According to police, eight-year-old Gohar became the first victim after he was electrocuted while trying to take off clothes from an iron rod.

“11-year-old Faiza, his sister, then tried to save Gohar, however, she also got electrocuted,” the police said adding that the father of the victims also tried to rescue both the children and got electrocuted.

The bodies of the children and father were shifted to a hospital for medico-legal formalities.

It is pertinent to mention here that incidents of electrocution have mostly been reported in the country from Karachi, where court orders and NEPRA have directed the authority responsible for supplying electricity to compensate the victims.

 

Previous articleLHC questions political influence in approval of housing societies
Next articleSurgical oncology services begin at SKMH, Peshawar