Govt does not want conflict, no-trust to be tackled constitutionally: Qureshi

31
Qureshi in Dushanbe to attend SCO Foreign Ministers Council

Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi on Monday said that the government is not heading towards any conflict vowing that it will tackle the no-confidence motion in a constitutional way and will not stop any of its members to cast his/her vote.

In a statement, the foreign minister lashed out at the opposition saying in order to achieve required numbers, the opposition stooped low by selling its conscience. He said the ruling PTI was seeking the Supreme Court’s guideline on horse-trading.

Mr Qureshi said the party also sought the apex court’s direction on whether the defectors would be disqualified for life or not? He advised the dissidents to think twice before their defection as they could be disqualified for life. On PPP Chief Bilawal Bhutto Zardari’s speeches, he remarked that he just laughed at his talk. With the passage of time, Bilawal would learn things, he added.

On the OIC Council of Foreign Ministers’ meeting, Qureshi said that the international moot was going to be held today Tuesday and Prime Minister Imran Khan would deliver the keynote address during the meeting. He said the OIC meeting would discuss the burning issues being confronted by the Muslim Ummah. He said more than 100 resolutions would be discussed during the moot.

He maintained it was due to Imran Khan’s efforts that Pakistan was hosting the 48th Session of the Council of Foreign Ministers of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation. However, he clarified that all parties put their efforts in it.

He said all preparations for the CFM moot had been completed adding that China’s State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi, who was invited as a special guest, was arriving today.

Previous articleChief of South African Navy visits Naval HQ
Next articleGovernor to inaugurate Lal Shahbaz’s 770th annual Urs today