Blast targets Ayuob Saber Mosque in PD5 of Kabul

9

Khalid Zadran, spokesman for the Kabul Police Command, confirmed that a blast has taken place at the Ayuob Saber Mosque in PD5 of Kabul.

According to Mr. Zadran, the blast took place during Friday prayers at the mosque. Based on initial reports, three people were injured.

The spokesman of the Kabul Police Command added that security forces had arrived at the scene.

Security officials have not commented on the nature of the blast, and no casualties have been reported.

No group has claimed responsibility for the blast.

Earlier, a spokesman for the Kabul security department, Khalid Zadran, said that at least five people were killed and more than 20 others were wounded in the blast.

“20 wounded people received at our hospital so far,” Emergency NGO said on Twitter.

Witnesses said the number of casualties is high.

No one has yet claimed responsibility for the blast.

The attack faced widespread reactions by Afghan politicians.

Former President Hamid Karzai in a tweet condemned it and called it an inhumane act by the “enemies” of the Afghan people.

Abdullah Abdullah, former chairman of the High Council for National Reconciliation, expressed disappointment over the blast and called it a “crime against humanity” and contrary to Islamic and human values.

The Islamic Emirate’s spokesman, Zabiullah Mujahid, on Twitter condemned the blast, saying that the perpetrators will be arrested and punished soon.

Previous articleIranian president calls for inclusive govt in Afghanistan
Next articleUS capable of ‘strike operations’ in Afghanistan: Milley