Attock on Wednesday touched the 800 mark as 15 more persons were tested the novel coronavirus positive raising the tally to 813. According to the report issued by the local health department, it is fourth highest tally of any day during the second spell. Chief executive, district health authority Dr Jawad Ellahi while giving the details of newly detected patients has said that among these 15 new cases, as many as nine belongs to Attock city, three to Hazro, two to Pindigheab and one to Hassanabdal.
He said that the number of active patients in the district surged to 98 in which 89 are home isolated while nine others are hospitalized. He said that as many as four suspected COVID-19 patients are also admitted in district headquarters hospital in which three are critical while one is stable. Responding to another question, he said that the number of suspected cases in the district are 19,486 while screening of as many as 22,937 persons have also been carried out so far. He said that the result of as many as 513 suspected patients of the area are still awaited while as many as 18,160 is tested negative so far.