Lahore Qalandars solidified their place atop the Pakistan Super League (PSL) 8 points table with another impressive win over Multan Sultans.
Their 21-run win at Gaddafi Stadium also makes them the first team to qualify for the playoffs this year.
Sultans, meanwhile, are now in danger of dropping out of the second spot Islamabad United can beat Quetta Gladiators tonight.
PSL 8 points table after Qalandars beat Sultans:
|1. Lahore Qalandars||7||6||1||0||12||1.321|
|2. Multan Sultans||7||4||3||0||8||0.568|
|3. Islamabad United||6||4||2||0||8||-0.184|
|4. Peshawar Zalmi||6||3||3||0||6||-0.896|
|5. Karachi Kings||8||2||6||0||4||0.437|
|6. Quetta Gladiators||6||1||5||0||2||-1.768|
- M: The number of matches played.
- W: The number of matches won.
- L: The number of matches lost.
- T: The number of matches tied.
- N/R: The number of matches abandoned.
- PT: Number of points awarded.
- NRR: Net Run Rate
- Points are awarded to teams based on their results in the league’s matches. In the group stage of the PSL, teams are awarded two points for a win and one point for a no-result or tie