One held for selling infant daughter



The New Town police arrested three people, including a nurse, involved in abduction and selling of a one-and-a-half- year-old girl.

Station House Officer Muhammad Zubair of the New Town police station said that a few days ago, a woman who identified herself as Faiza approached him at the police station and narrated that she was a housewife and resident of the Kala Pull area.

She narrated that she married a man, Arshad Ali, in 2017 in a court, and during their wedlock she gave birth to a girl, Noor Fatima, on July 25, 2018, at the Civil Hospital Karachi.

The woman stated that when her daughter was one-and-a-half years old, she fell ill in March 2019. It was then she visited the Usmania Hospital, Mehmoodabad, with her husband and daughter.

Faiza recalled that at the hospital, she went in a room to get medicines but when she came back, she found her husband and daughter missing. She added that she had stayed at the hospital searching for the two for almost three hours when her husband returned without the daughter.

Ali told Faiza that owing to her illness, he had left the infant at the house of his friend Faisal, a tailor by profession, in Ghausia Colony, New Town.

The woman told the SHO that after recovering from illness, she asked her husband to bring the daughter back but he started making excuses.

However, when she made a hue and cry, he took her to Faisal’s house where Faisal’s mother told her that Ali had sold his daughter to a nurse, Musarrat, a neighbour of Faisal, for Rs60,000.

Faisal’s mother further told Faiza that Ali had told Musarrat that his wife was suffering from a serious disease and he needed money for the treatment of his wife. He sold his daughter to the nurse for Rs60,000.

Faiza then found that after Musarrat bought her daughter from her husband, she sold the infant to another nurse, Shazia, resident of Korangi.

The complainant told police that she reproached her husband and start searching for her daughter. She said she visited police stations, including the women police station, but the issue was not resolved.

Ali also did not appear before the police when they called him for interrogation.

Previous articleRescue-1122 put on high alert
Next articleJSMU supervises Family Medicine Regional Professional Diploma Exam