Govt launches extraordinary grant scheme for SMEs

59
Staff Reporter
Peshawar

The federal government has launched extraordinary grant provision project for promotion of investment and creation of employment opportunities in small and medium enterprises sector in the country.

The project ‘National Business Development Programme’ being implemented by SMEDA, Ministry of Industries and Production, across Pakistan including Azad Jammu & Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan.

Talking to APP, General Manager at SMEDA’s Regional Office, Peshawar Raja Hassanein Javed said that an entrepreneur could obtain a matching grant upto Rs 500,000 for purchase of raw material, office equipment such as computer, printer, Photocopy machine, scanner and quality testing instruments etc.

Those who are running the businesses of schools, beauty parlours, hospitals, clinics, furniture and stock materials are also eligible for the grant.

Under the programme, NBDP will provide 80 percent matching grant out of the total investment while the remaining 20 percent will be borne by the applicant.

Elaborating the scheme, the SMEDA official said that if an SME is required an amount of Rs 0.1 million for grant, then, the applicant will have to provide Rs 20,000 on his own, the remaining amount of Rs 80,000 will be provided by NBDP.

Similarly, in case of the maximum investment of Rs 625,000, the share of the applicant should be of Rs 125,000.

The amount is provided in shape of grant and will not be recovered from the SME. The grant is provided on reimbursement basis.

The applications will be filed only online, for which SMEDA has given a specific link while information could also be obtained from SMEDA headquarters Lahore, Regional Offices, or by calling SME Business Helpline (042) 111-763-111.

Previous articleGovt patronizes organic farming to address poverty, malnutrition
Next articlePetroleum Dealers Association goes on strike on Nov 25 PDA says Govt giving false consolation on 6pc margins