Third Covid wave: Sindh bans wedding ceremonies, reduces business timings

28

The Sindh government on Wednesday announced a set of new restrictions to halt the spread of the coronavirus amid the third Covid-19 wave, the notification said.

According to a notification issued here on Wednesday, the provincial government imposed a complete ban on indoor/outdoor wedding ceremonies from April 6.

It ordered that “all kinds of gatherings (indoor/outdoor) will be banned with immediate effect.”

“This will include all social, cultural, political, sports and other events,” the notification reads.

The notification reads that all markets, shopping malls and other businesses will work from 6am in the morning till 8pm.

The Sindh government also announced to shut all public parks, cinemas, shrines and imposed a ban on dine-in services at restaurants.

Outdoor dining will be allowed till 10:00 pm According to a notification issued in this regard, the following measures will be taken:

•             Indoor dining will be prohibited

•             All sports, festivals will be totally banned

•             Shrines, cinemas, parks and music centers shut down

•             All indoor activities/marriages will be prohibited.

•             Outdoor activities with a maximum of 300 people will be allowed till 8pm

•             50 percent work from home policy declared necessary

•             Intercity public transport to operate at 50% of capacity

•             The shops which are necessary will remain open for 24 hours

Last week, the National Command Operation Centre (NCOC) had imposed a ban on all kinds of gatherings with immediate effect.

It directed that the wedding ceremony will be banned from April 5.

The NCOC said these decisions will be implemented in districts and cities with 8% positivity percentage (three days rolling average).

 

Previous articleMurad calls for 2-week ban on inter-city transport to contain Corona spread
Next articleSHC restores suspended MPAs Faryal Talpur, Essrani