Records gutted as fire breaks out in Sindh Assembly storage room

139

A fire broke out in the record room of the Sindh Assembly building on Monday, burning down records and furniture in storage before it was contained. According to the Sindh Assembly secretary, the fire did not cause much loss as it was contained swiftly. There were some old things and records in the store room, he said. Pictures of the incident showed wreckage of old furniture, papers and files. The cause of the fire has yet to be ascertained. Previous incidents of fire in the Sindh Assembly and Sindh Secretariat buildings have been attributed to short circuits and faulty wiring. However, there have been exceptions, such as in 2018 when flames engulfed six floors of the Sindh Secretariat building, raising suspicions of arson by the fire department. Despite repeated fire incidents there have been reports about a lax fire safety system. However, authorities have shown little concern for the records and official documents which are damaged during these incidents.

Previous articleChina donates 20,000 surgical masks
Next articleE-commerce highly essential for strengthening economy: Alvi