OGRA advises careful use of gas appliances to avoid tragedies

29

A spokesman for the Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA) has advised consumers to ensure careful use of gas appliances including heaters and stoves to avoid any untoward incidents.

“Gas heaters and stoves pose serious health risks and are the main cause of many fatal incidents, so due care is needed in the use of gas appliances,” OGRA spokesman Imran Ghaznavi said in a statement.

He said carbon monoxide was colourless and odourless, adding “high levels of carbon monoxide in the air are very dangerous and may cause people to pass out or even die.”.—APP