NCOC session was held on 19 May under chairmanship of Mr Asad Umar and Co-chaired by Lt General Hamood uz Zeman Khan.
SAPM Health, Sindh Health Minister and Chief Secretaries of all Federating Units attended the session via video link.
A detailed review of disease prevalence in country and corresponding NPIs was taken.
Following important decision regarding NPIs were taken after extensive deliberation:
Sectors Opening from 24 May 21
- Outdoor Restaurants will be opened daily till 23:59 hours. Takeaways allowed 24/7.
- Opening of Toursim sector under Stringent COVID Protocol. Separate instructions being issued.
- Opening of education institutes in districts with less than 5% positivity (Staggered opening) Sectors
Sectors opening After 1 June 21 (Subject to review on 27May)
- Outdoor marriage ceremonies with max 150 Individuals will be allowed from 1 June 21.
- Staggered Opening of education sector from 7 June (other than those opened from 24 May)
Closures of following to continue till further Review;
- Indoor Dining
- Indoor Gyms
- Amusement Parks (however, walking / jogging tracks will remain open with strict adherence of COVID SOPs)
- Complete ban on contact sports, festivals, cultural and other events
- Ban on all types of indoor/outdoor gatherings (cultural, musical/religious/miscellaneous events)
- Ban on inter Provincial Public Transport for two closed days (Sat / Sun) wef 22 May 21
- Compliance to compulsory mask-wearing while incorporating innovative measures for enforcement
- Implementation of broader lockdowns with stringent enforcement protocols based on risk assessment
- Continuation of current in-bound and Land Border till further orders
- Gadani and Misri Shah Industry will be re-opened from 20 May 2021
- Elective Surgeries will be reopened from 1 June
- All SSC / HSSC exams will be held after 20 June 21. Whereas, conduct of all professional / Non-Professional exams will take place on case-to-case basis as recommended by Ministry of Education.
Sectors Already allowed on 17 May
- Resumption of normal Office Working Hours with 50% strength (50% Work from Home)
- Resumption of Market activities with closure by 08:00 pm (less essential services including export related sector)
- Public transport with 50% Capacity
- Railways to operate with 70% occupancy
- 2x days as closed days during a week
Major decisions taken in today’s NCOC session are attached. pic.twitter.com/e6qvG3LZoT
— NCOC (@OfficialNcoc) May 19, 2021
Detailed Review of NPIs will be carried out on 27 May and 7 June 21 respectively.