India undertook illegal actions on August 5 in IIOJK

36

Adviser to the Prime Minister on Kashmir Affairs and Gilgit Baltistan Qamar Zaman Kaira has said that three years ago, India undertook illegal and unilateral actions of 5 August 2019 in Indian illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJK).

In a statement he denounced that the steps were taken to implement India’s sinister strategy aimed at changing the demographic composition of IIOJK. To this end, millions of domicile certificates have already been issued to non-Kashmiris.

All these measures are in blatant violation of the United Nations Security Council Resolutions and international law including the 4th Geneva Convention, he added. He said the human rights situation in IIOJK remains untenable after India’s illegal and unilateral actions of 5 August 2019.

More than 650 Kashmiris have embraced martyrdom since then, among which more than 130 were extra-judicially killed this year alone at the hands of the Indian occupation forces, he lamented. Kaira said, martyring Kashmiri youth in fake encounters and cordon-and-search operations by the Indian occupation forces has become a matter of routine in the IIOJK. Arbitrary detentions of Kashmiri youth also continue unabated. Almost the entire Kashmiri political leadership remains illegally incarcerated, he added.—INP

 

Previous articleCop martyred as operation against criminals enters 3rd day
Next articleImran asked to resign as PTI chairman