Gilgit Chief Minister Gilgit-Baltistan (GB) Hafiz Hafeez-ur-Rehman has said that the provincial government is taking all possible measures for rehabilitation of earthquake and snowfall affectees. In a statement issued on Wednesday, Hafiz Hafeez-ur-Rehman said 34 KM long Astore valley road was badly affected by quake and snowfall. He said that the said road was re-opened for traffic within a week in assistance of Pak Army. Chief Minister praised the role of Pak Army Aviation and Gilgit-Baltistan Disaster Management Authority for provision of ration and tents to the affectees. Hafez said that the government will compensate affected families after completion of lists of estimation of the losses.—INP


Amraiz Khan


London police arrested two Pakistani passengers immediately after PIA Lahore-London flight landed at Heathrow airport on the charges of quarreling with PIA flight crew on Wednesday.
The fight that erupted on the issue of bulkhead seats turned into a brawl, between the two passengers and the staff of PIA in the flight No PK-757 enroute to London.
The two passengers in the flight tried to sit on the bulkhead seats without payment, and exchanged hot words with the PIA staff, when they were asked to vacate the seats. In a video, the passengers and the cabin crew can clearly be seen fighting during the flight.
As soon as the flight landed at the Heathrow airport, the passengers were taken into custody by the London police.
Spokesman for the national flag carrier said that two passengers unwilling to pay for bulkhead seats onboard PIA Flight PK757 from Lahore to London were involved in a heated argument and brawl with our crew creating distress during the flight. The passengers were informed that as per policy bulkhead seats can only be availed after additional payment but they refused and occupied the seats forcefully. PIA crew exercised complete restraint with the passengers despite their aggressive behaviour and assault. The passengers were issued a warning before being reported, but they did not relent. They were investigated by the London Police and consequently arrested.
Taking notice of the brawl, the GM Flight Services said investigation into the matter was underway.