The Metro Bus Service in Lahore has been suspended after a bus caught fire due to short-circuit Thursday morning.
The incident happened when a fleet of 26 buses was heading for Shahdara in the morning. As the fleet was moving towards Yadgar Chowk after crossing Bhati Chowk, a bus suddenly caught fire.
The driver showing his presence of mind applied emergency brakes and jumped out of the vehicle.
The Rescue 1122 team rushed to the site and helped in extinguishing the blaze.
After dousing the fire, the bus was first taken to Shahdara and then to the Maintenance Depot.
According to report air-conditioners of 90 percent of the buses were not working while the wiring has also not been replaced.
Still, the buses were being plied on the roads without ACs and by ignoring minor electrical faults.
The burning of the bus caused millions of rupees loss to the Mass Transit Authority which has now been left with 51 buses.