Trump’s statement banning Muslims removed from website

Washington—As Donald Trump was elected president of the United States, a controversial policy statement banning Muslims from the US appears to have been removed, The Independent reported.
A page linking to his Dec 7, 2015 statement regarding a temporary and complete Muslim ban was removed as votes poured in for the billionaire businessman turned politico, the report said.
The page, which was available on the morning of the Nov 8 election according to online caches, now redirects to a page encouraging voters to donate to Trump’s campaign.
The Independent said it is not possible to say exactly what time the redirect added, but that a change had been made between the two times the website was last crawled by caches like ‘Wayback Machine’ which work by crawling websites intermittently and making copies of what they find there.
The Trump campaign could not be immediately contacted by The Independent for comments over the removal of pages.
Trump’s campaign office in statement in Dec 2015 said, “Mr Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on.”
The now president-elect had earlier also claimed that Muslim laws authorised “such atrocities as murder against non-believers who won’t convert, beheadings and more unthinkable acts that pose great harm to Americans, specially women.”

Share this post

PinIt
    scroll to top