Thousands attend martyr’s funeral

CASOs trigger clashes in Shopian


In occupied Kashmir, thousands of people attended the funeral prayers of Asif Nazir Dar, who was killed by the Indian troops in custody.
The dead body of the martyred youth, a resident of Panzgam area in Awantiproa, was mysteriously recovered in Hazratbal area of Srinagar, yesterday. Informed sources believe that Asif Nazir Dar was killed by the troops at some unknown place after arresting him a few days ago. At least five rounds of funeral prayers were held for the martyr. The authorities suspended mobile and Internet services in Awantipora and adjoining areas as a part of precautionary measure to prevent protests.
The Chairman of All Parties Hurriyat Conference, Syed Ali Gilani in a statement issued in Srinagar condemned the arrest of two Kashmiri engineering students by Indian police in Delhi. He termed their detention as a ploy to intimidate the Kashmiri student fraternity engaged in their studies in Indian educational institutions. The Chairman of Tehreek-e-Hurriyat, Mohammad Ashraf Sehrai in a statement strongly condemned the killing of APHC activist, Hakeem-ur-Rehman Sultani. He said that Hakeem was killed by the men of Indian intelligence agencies.
Hurriyat leaders and activists including Shabbir Ahmad Dar, Abdul Ahad Parra, Ghulam Nabi Rathar, Ghulam Nabi Wasim, Mohammad Ramzan and Sharifud Din visited the residence of Hakeem-ur-Rehman Sultani at Bomai in Sopore and expressed solidarity with his family members.
Meanwhile, scores of youth, today, clashed with the Indian troops during two separate cordon and search operations in two villages of Shopian district. The locals took to the streets against the siege of Tekkipora and Ronipora villages. The troops fired pellets, bullets and teargas shells to disperse the protesters.
Journalist Aasif Sultan who was arrested by the Indian police, last month, has been sent to Srinagar Central Jail on judicial remand by a local court till 22nd of this month.
A board of doctors who conducted the post-mortem of the eight-year-old Kathua rape and murder victim, Aasifa, confirmed to a court in Pathankot that she was sexually assaulted and died of asphyxiation. Aasifa, from Muslim Bakkerwal community, was abducted, raped and murdered by Indian police personnel in Rassna area of Kathua district in January.
On the other hand, Indian paramilitary Central Reserve Police Force Director General Rajiv Rai Bhatnagar in a media interview in New Delhi acknowledged the killing of 360 Kashmiri youth in less than two years during cordon and search operations across the Kashmir valley.—KMS

Share this post

    scroll to top