Shahbaz not recovered thru operation

Taliban deny ‘rescuing’ Taseer’s son

Staff Report

Islamabad—Report prepared by the Special committee formed to investigate the retrieval of Shahbaz Taseer revealed that the kidnapped son of the former Governor Punjab was not recovered through any operation.
The report brought to light the fact that no operation was conducted for Taseer’s recovery; he was released by his kidnappers on their own.
The report was presented before Federal Interior Minister Chaudhary Nisar Ali Khan on Saturday. The committee formed in this regards to find the reality behind Taseer’s recovery was headed by Special Secretary of the Interior Ministry.
The report also suggested that the payment of ransom subjected to Taseer’s release is a matter which cannot be fully agreed upon with, further adding that no one must attribute Taseer’s recovery with their efforts.
The report also warned associated officers to deal with related matters with utmost care.
Meanwhile, Afghan Taliban rejected on Saturday reports that they had rescued Shahbaz Taseer in an operation.
A section of the Pakistani media had reported that the Taliban had recovered Shahbaz, who was kidnapped from Lahore in 2011, in Zabul province, where he had been held hostage by the Uzbek insurgents.
“We are unaware of the incident. Our Mujahideen had never been involved in it. We had neither held him (Shahbaz Taseer) nor recovered him,” Taliban spokesperson Zabihullah Mujahid said.
When asked about reports that the Taliban have issued a statement confirming the rumours, Mujahid ssaid, “This is baseless. We have not issued any statement as the issue does not relate to us and no question arises to comment on it,” he said.

Share this post

PinIt
    scroll to top