SC seeks written reply from AGP

Hajj quota to private tour operators

Islamabad

Supreme Court Thursday sought written reply from Attorney General of Pakistan (AGP) in a case challenging hajj quota allotment to private tour operators following the recent hajj policy.
A three-judge bench headed by Justice Masheer Aalam directed the AGP to give a written statement if there no violation had been occured in the allotement of hajj quota.
During the course of proceedings, AGP Ashtar Ausaf Ali apprised the court that 40% quota had been allotted to the private tour operators adding according to the new hajj policy no violation of rules and regulations had been occurred during the allotment of qouta.
Submitting new hajj policy before the bench he informed that the new hajj policy was also uploaded on official website of Ministry of Religious Affairs and anyone could visit it. The hearing was adjourned till Friday.
Minister for Religious Affairs and Inter-faith Harmony Sardar Muhammad Yousuf Thursday said the government had made efforts to encourage private sector to facilitate Hajj pilgrims.
Talking to media he said 60 percent quota had been provided to government sector while 40 percent to private sector to facilitate the people intending to perform Hajj this year.
He said the government would provide best facilities to the people and all necessary measures including three time meal would be provided to the pilgrims.
Sardar Yousuf said all facilities would be extended to the intending pilgrims following directive of the prime minister.—APP

Share this post

PinIt
    scroll to top