PPP, MQM stage walkout from NA against disappearances

Islamabad

The National Assembly was informed on Wednesday that an Endowment Fund worth Rs 100 million is being created to extend free legal aid to poor victims of human rights violations.
Minister for Human Rights Kamran Michael told the House during question hour that the Prime Minister has given approval for the fund to further improve human rights situation in the country.
He said that under the Human Rights Relief and Revolving Funds an amount of 1.76 million rupees was provided to the one hundred victims of acid burns and domestic violence during the last three years.
The Minister said that 105 million rupees were released to the National Commission for Human Rights (NCHR) during the last two years.
He said the government is committed to ensure protection and promotion of human rights of its citizens as envisaged under the constitution as well as international commitments by adopting all possible measures.
To a question, Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Resources Jam Kamal told the House that 4032 mmcfd raw gas was produced in all provinces of the country during the second half of the last year and 3518 mmcfd refined gas was consumed during this period. He said there is an overall deficit of two bcf in the country annually.
He said that after the completion of the LNG terminals the situation will improve.
Members belonging to PPP staged a walkout from the House as a protest over the disappearance of three persons.
MQM members also staged a walkout from the House over missing persons of their party.
PTI and JI members also staged a walkout from the House as a protest over blocking of CNICs of Pakhtuns by the Interior Ministry.
The National Assembly today passed “The Pakistan Council for Science and Technology Bill, 2017”.
The bill moved by Minister for Defence Production and Science and Technology Rana Tanvir Hussain provides for establishment of the Pakistan Council for Science and Technology.The bill has already been passed by the Senate. Responding to different point of orders, Minister of State for Interior Muhammad Baligh-ur-Rehman informed the House that maintaining law and order in Sindh is the sole responsibility of the provincial government. He said Sindh Rangers has also informed that these two persons were no picked up by them and they are also making efforts for recovery of the missing persons.
Regarding the person who went missing from Islamabad, he said that the police have been directed for early recovery.
About the block CNICs, Baligh-ur-Rehman said that the Ministry has issued notification to NADRA to incorporate recommendations of the Parliamentary Committee constituted on the matter.
Responding to a calling attention notice moved by Khalida Mansoor and others regarding issuance of letter by the AGPR to the Government servants, on their retirement, to pay amounts of loans even if they have not obtained any such loan, Law Minister Zahid Hamid said that AGPR has informed that no such letters have been issued in this regard. But he said that if there is any proof of such letters then strict action will be taken against the concerned authorities..—SABAH

Share this post

PinIt
    scroll to top