One injured in Indian LoC firing

Observer Report

Muzaffarabad

The heavily militarised Line of Control (LoC) in Kashmir became active on Monday as Indian troops fired in different sectors, leaving at least one person wounded in Digwar sector.
Mohammad Din Mir was injured by the splinters of a mortar shell in the Digwar sector of Haveli district, where shelling began at 9am, a police official in the area said.
The 60-year-old victim was admitted to a military-run health facility in the area.
“They are using mortars and the shelling is continuing intermittently,” the official said
In the neighbouring Abbaspur sector of district Poonch, the villages of Chirikot, Nakar Kot, Kakota and Dhiroti Polas were hit by Indian troops starting 9am, Poonch’s Deputy Commissioner Raja Tahir Mumtaz said.
“They are using both small and big arms, but no casualty has been reported as yet,” he said. Military sources said that Pakistani troops retaliated “effectively”.
On Saturday, 18-year-old boy Attique Qureshi was injured in shelling at the Dhiroti Polas village. The boy succumbed to his wounds on Sunday night when he was being moved to Islamabad from a health facility in Rawalakot, said an official at the Abbaspur police station.
Residents said his funeral prayers could not be held in his village due to shelling and had been rescheduled for next day in Abbaspur city.

Share this post

PinIt
    scroll to top