North Korean ICBM risk to US

0
247

News Desk

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Wednesday played down North Korea’s parading of a massive new long-range missile, saying that agreements reached by President Donald Trump had succeeded in reducing risks. At a military parade Saturday in Pyongyang, leader Kim Jong Un viewed an intercontinental ballistic missile that analysts say is the largest road-mobile, liquid-fueled missile anywhere in the world. But Pompeo, who arranged Trump’s landmark summit with Kim in 2018, said that only testing can make sure that a missile is functional. “The North Koreans, however, last year did exactly zero intercontinental ballistic missile tests. The same held true for the year before that,” Pompeo told reporters.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here