Milling demonstrtors call for termination of Indian occupation of J&K


FOR MAIN TRIBUNE: Report-Amir Tantray: Sikh protesters pelting stones at police officials after they removed a poster of Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale at Rani Ragh near the airport in Jammu on Thursday. Tribune Photo: Inderjeet Singh

134th Day of shutdown

Mosque siege condemned

Srinagar—People staged forceful demonstrations and marches in Srinagar and other major towns to protest against illegal Indian occupation, killing of innocent civilians and other brutalities of Indian forces in the territory. Crowds called for vacation of J&K by Indian occupation forces. The call came on the continued shutdown which entered 134 Day.
Call for the demonstrations and marches was given by the joint resistance leadership comprising Syed Ali Gilani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Muhammad Yasin Malik as part of the protest calendar. People took to the streets in Srinagar, Badgam, Ganderbal, Baramulla, Bandipora, Kupwara, Islamabad, Pulwama, Shopian, Kulgam and other areas and staged massive demonstrations. They shouted pro-Pakistan, pro-freedom and anti-India slogans. They also waved Pakistani flags. Indian forces’ personnel subjected the demonstrators to brute force at various places injuring many of them.
The puppet authorities continued to put Hurriyet leaders including Syed Ali Gilani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, Muhammad Yasin Malik, Shabbir Ahmed Shah and Agha Syed Hassan Al-Moosvi Al-Safvi under house arrest or in custody to prevent them from leading the demonstrations.
The puppet authorities imposed curfew-like restrictions in Nowhatta area of Srinagar, disallowing people from offering Juma prayers at the historic Jamia Masjid on 19th successive Friday, today. Indian police arrested the member of so-called Kashmir Assembly, Engineer Abdur Rasheed, along with his several supporters after subjecting them to brute force when they tried to march towards the Jamia Masjid to offer Friday prayers.
Meanwhile, complete shutdown continued on 133rd consecutive day, today, against civilian killings and other brutalities of Indian police and troops in the Kashmir Valley.
The Secretary General of All Parties Hurriyet Conference, Shabbir Ahmad Shah, in a statement in Srinagar, today, announced to donate his eyes after his death. He said, he has taken such a step for those whose eyesight was snatched due to the pellet firing by Indian police.
Hurriyet leaders, Javed Ahmed Mir, addressing a function in Srinagar and Maulana Muhammad Abdullah Tari and Muhammad Yousuf Naqash in their statements paid rich tributes to Aali Kadal martyrs on the eve of their martyrdom anniversary. Indian troops had killed noted pro-freedom leader, Sheikh Abdul Hameed, along with his associates at Aali Kadal in Srinagar on November 19, 1992.
The High Court Bar Association and Hurriyet leaders, Zafar Akbar Butt and Farida Bahenji, in their separate statements in Srinagar thanked the Turkish President, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, for supporting the Kashmir cause. Recep Tayyip Erdogan in his address to the joint session of Pakistani Parliament, yesterday, expressed serious concern over the sufferings of the people of occupied Kashmir. He also asked the international community to use its influence for resolution of the Kashmir dispute through peaceful dialogue process.—KMS

Share this post

    scroll to top