A fire erupted at a restaurant situated on the ground floor of a commercial building early Sunday in Karachi’s Boast Basin area. Five fire brigade vehicles and one snorkel extinguished the fire at the building’s first floor after having doused the flames at the ground floor.
The windows of the commercial building, spread over three floors, shattered due to the intensity of the fire.
Sources said short-circuiting could be behind the fire. Rescue officials said the gas cylinders and plastic furniture of the restaurant aided the spread of the fire.
No loss of life or injuries were reported in the incident. Once the fire was completely extinguished, fire brigade officials said eight vehicles were used to douse the blaze.