Gilani undergoes thorough check-up

Srinagar—The doctors at Escorts hospital in New Delhi conducted a detailed check-up of the All Parties Hurriyet Conference (APHC) Chairman, Syed Ali Gilani and described his condition as satisfactory.
The APHC spokesman Ayaz Akbar, in a statement issued in Srinagar said that if Syed Ali Gilani faced no untoward situation, he would return to occupied Kashmir next week. He said, although the Hurriyet Chairman is physically weak, however, his heath is improving.
He said that on Wednesday the APHC Chairman was taken to Escorts hospital where prominent heart specialist Dr T S Kler examined him. On the occasion an important test, CT Coronary Angiography, was also conducted and the doctor described his heart condition as satisfactory. However, he was advised complete bed rest and to strictly follow the medical chart.Ayaz Akbar said that if Syed Ali Gilani was not placed under house arrest on his arrival in Srinagar, the Hurriyet Conference would chalk out his programme of addressing public meetings. He said that if health allowed, Syed Ali Gilani would resume the programme halted by the authorities by putting him under house detention in 2013.
“The priority on his return will be to conduct the public contact programme the Hurriyet Conference had started in November 2013 when he was released for one month after his prolonged house detention since 2010,” the spokesman added. He will address public rallies at various places including Tral, Palhallan, Bandipora and Banihal, he added.
Syed Ali Gilani went to Delhi on February 6 as his health condition deteriorated. He was admitted in Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of Max Hospital in New Delhi on March 10 after he complained of severe chest pain at his Malviya Nagar residence.
“He was discharged from the hospital after two days following improvement in his health. These days he is keeping good health and is likely to return by first week of April,” the spokesman maintained.
Ayaz Akbar said that Syed Ali Gilani had addressed public rallies in Shopian, Sopore, Kupwara and Pulwama areas in November 2013. “Last public rally in which around 1.5 lakh people participated was held in Kulgam. However, Hurriyet Conference could not continue such programmes as Syed Ali Gilani was again house arrested before the scheduled Palhallan rally in 2013,” he said.—KMS

Share this post

    scroll to top