Census has not been postponed indefinitely: Qaim

Sanghar—Sindh Chief Minister, Syed Qaim Ali Shah, has said that population census was not postponed for indefinite time but till December 2016 by council of common interests (CCI) due to engagement of Pakistan Army in operation Zarb-e-Azb.
Addressing a large public gathering held in Khipro town of Sanghar district on Friday to review arrangements of death anniversary of Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto on April 04, the Chief Minister said that Sindh government wanted to conduct population census under supervision of Pakistan Army and then the army was busy in operation against terrorism.
He said that holding new population census would have benefited the province so in CCI meeting he as CM Sindh raised voice for timely conduct of the census and opposed its postponement but two provinces and federal government were in favour of postponement. He said that Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif has promised to hold census in December 2016 so making hue and cry in this connection was irrational.
CM Qaim said that enormous success of PPP in local government elections reflected that people have confidence in the party and even people of Sanghar shown confidence in PPP and first time in the history of the district, PPP secured clear majority.
He said that Sanghar needed development projects and Sindh government was considering a special package for development of the district while a scheme of gas sector worth Rs 420 million had already been announced for the district.
The CM said that provincial government had not forgotten Achhrro Thar (desert area of Sanghar district), as record development works had been carried out in Tharparkar and Achhrro Thar areas and schemes of fresh water and solar plants were installed in Achhrro area.
He further said that taluka hospital Khipro would be made a model hospital, water supply, drainage and fire tender vehicle would be given to Khipro town.—APP

Share this post

PinIt
    scroll to top