Australia A players call off South Africa tour

Sydney

The Australian Cricketers’ Association said Thursday that players would boycott this month’s Australia A tour to South Africa over a pay dispute. The union said players were not obliged and were unavailable to tour South Africa for the Australia A team without an agreed pay deal or new Memorandum of Understanding, after their existing contracts with Cricket Australia expired on June 30 following months of bitter wrangling.
“It is with great frustration that with no progress towards resolving the current dispute, Australia A players confirm they will not tour South Africa,” ACA said in a statement.
“This decision is made in support of more than 200 male and female players who are now unemployed.”
The players, selected for the Australia A tour starting on July 12, had been training this week hoping for an end to the impasse before their scheduled departure on Friday.—AFP

Share this post

PinIt
    scroll to top