Another Congo virus case detected in Balochistan

Quetta—A 14-year-old boy has been tested positive who was admitted to Fatima Jinnah Chest and TB Hospital Quetta after Congo virus was found in his blood samples sent to Aga Khan Hospital Laboratory Karachi and number of patients infected with Congo virus in Balochistan has reached 24 while 10 of them had died of excessive bleeding.
Doctors at Fatima Jinnah Chest and TB hospital said that Abdul Wali, 14, was brought from Pishin to Quetta after complaining of bleeding from nose and mouth. The blood samples of the patient were dispatched to Aga Khan Hospital Laboratory in Karachi which confirmed the presence of Congo virus in blood. The patient was kept in isolation ward of the hospital and being provided medical treatment.
Another patient identified as Ghulam Muhammad who is resident of Quetta city was also brought to Fatima Jinnah Chest and TB Hospital with complaint of to be suffering from continuously bleeding. “We have dispatched blood samples of Ghulam Muhammad to the laboratory for diagnose and awaiting results, doctors said.
A senior health expert, Dr. Mukhtar said that the number of patients brought at Fatima Jinnah Hospital after suffering from bleeding this year has reached 86. He said that 24 of them had been tested positive and adding that 10 patients had died of Congo virus in Balochistan during prevailing year. He said that 60 percent of Congo virus patients brought at Fatima Jinnah Hospital belonged to Afghanistan and remaining 40 percent were residents of Balochistan.—APP

Share this post

PinIt
    scroll to top